Terms and Conditions
All sales made by Madame Cocoa are subject to the following terms and conditions. Nothing contained within these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully – if there is anything you don’t understand please feel free to contact us.
1. PRICE - The price for the order shall be as stated on the Order Form or Confirmation Email. You agree to pay the full price to Madame Cocoa after the details are checked and agreed by you.
2. DEPOSITS - All wedding cake orders require a non refundable deposit of 25% of the total cost. All other cake orders require a non refundable deposit of £20 tp secure the booking. All deposits become due when the order has been placed and details checked and agreed by you. All orders are deemed to be accepted only when the deposit has been paid.
3. PAYMENTS - Payments may be made by Direct Bank/Building Society Transfer, Cash or Cheque. Please confirm your choice of payment when placing your order and I will send you the relevant details. Madame Cocoa accepts no responsibility for any monies lost in the post. Deposits paid by cheque must have cleared before your order is confirmed.
4. FINAL PAYMENTS - Final payments for celebration cake orders must be made upon delivery or collection. Final payments for wedding cakes must be made 2 weeks before your event date unless otherwise agreed.
5. NON-PAYMENTS - In the event that any payment is subsequently declined, the order will not be released or completed until alternative funding arrangements have been agreed and payment made in full. Subsequent completion of the order will be subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Madame Cocoa accepts no liability for any loss howsoever caused or for non delivery under these circumstances. The customer will be responsible for the payment of any additional charges which have been incurred as a result of payment failure.
6. CAKE DESIGNS - All of our cakes are individually designed and hand crafted, therefore there may be slight differences when duplicating any of my existing designs. Where a cake needs structural support there may be slight changes to the design in order to achieve this.
7. ALTERATIONS TO YOUR ORDER - Your cake is very important to me. Please take the time to check your order confirmation carefully and let me know within three days if changes are needed. It is your responsibility to advise Madame Cocoa of any alterations to the original order. Madame Cocoa reserves the right to increase the quoted fee in the event that the customer requests a variation to the work agreed. Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate changes, please note that changes cannot always be guaranteed.
8. CAKES COMPONENT PARTS - Depending on the design, on occasion it may be necessary to use non edible supports or other items in your cake. We will always make you aware of this when you receive your cake.
From time to time certain materials for our cakes may become obsolete or no longer be available from our suppliers for example pre-manufactured items or ribbon colours. This is totally outside of our control, however we will endeavour to redesign a cake as closely as possible to the original design using replacement products. In all cases we will try to contact you to advise of any such changes, however Madame Cocoa reserves the right to replace these with components or equal or better quality without consultation.
9. COLOURS - Madame Cocoa will endeavour to match colours of ribbons where possible, but if no swatch is provided I cannot be held responsible for any slight differential in colour.
10. COLLECTION - Your order can be collected at a pre-arranged time convenient to both parties between Monday to Saturday. A signature will be required upon collection confirming that you have received your order in good condition and as specified.
11. DELIVERY - Your order can be delivered at a pre-arranged time convenient to both parties between Monday to Saturday. It is your responsibility to provide correct delivery information and to ensure that someone is available to receive the cake. A signature will be required for the receipt of the order. If the recipient is not in, the order will be returned to Madame Cocoa, it is then the customers’ responsibility to rearrange the delivery (additional charge) or collection. Madame Cocoa accepts no responsibility for any loss incurred by the customer as a result.
All deliveries need to be scheduled so if you require us to deliver your cake please ensure you confirm at the point of order as we may not be able to offer it at a later date.
12. SETTING UP - Should you require your cake to be delivered, Madame Cocoa will deliver and set up your cake as agreed and will want to ensure it is displayed at its best. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have provided Madame Cocoa with all the set up details and arrangements made with the venue for the location and display of the cake. Madame Cocoa cannot be held responsible for the location of the cake at the venue. Please ensure therefore that the display location is level, stable and strong enough to hold the cake.
Please also remember that certain types of cake coverings, such as chocolate and buttercream, can melt in warm conditions such as inside a marquee on a hot summers day or when set up in direct sunlight.
Once the cake has been collected or delivered, set up and signed for Madame Cocoa is unable to accept any liability for any interference or damage to the cake thereafter.
If the cake is to be delivered and set up by Madame Cocoa a photograph will be taken prior to departure by Madame Cocoa to verify the cake has been set up and left in good condition.
13. CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS - Wedding cake or special order cancellations: As your wedding cake and/or special order booking is reserved just solely for you and certain components for your cake/s may have been ordered months in advance, the following conditions are implemented when an order is cancelled:
6 months from delivery date – 25% of the total cost will be payable
0 to 3 months from delivery date – 100% of the total cost will be payable. Wedding cake/special order cancellations must be made in writing.
Other cake order cancellations: Full payment is required if cancellation is within 2 weeks of delivery date. Prior to this a refund of any monies paid, less deposit, will be made.
14. COPYRIGHT - Please note that no person shall have entitlement to copy or reproduce in any form, or otherwise make use of any image, photograph, design or other document or item produced by or on behalf of Madame Cocoa without the prior written consent of the Company.
16. PUBLICATION AND PROMOTIONAL RIGHTS - In confirming the cake order the customer agrees that Madame Cocoa is the sole designer and owner of the final cake design. All rights in any original designs created and designed by Madame Cocoa shall remain the exclusive property of the Company.
Our designs are published on various social media and photo sharing websites and may be published in the media e.g. local newspapers or trade magazines. We reserve the right to use any image taken of a cake created by Madame Cocoa for publication after the delivery date unless previously agreed in writing between the customer and Madame Cocoa.
The customer has no ownership rights over any cake design. Exclusivity of cake designs between our customers is not guaranteed unless the customer has commissioned an exclusive design.
17. ALLERGIES - Please be aware that whilst your chosen cake may not be made with nuts or a nut product, or gluten or gluten containing products, it will be prepared in a kitchen where nut products and other allergens may be used in other cakes and fillings. Raw materials used may not be free from dairy, eggs, wheat or gluten. Allergy information for each cake order can be provided on request.
Some of the colouring I use may contain Red 3, this may cause hyrperactivity in children. Please get in touch if you are concerned about this.